Electrification of the campus began in the summer of 1889 and was completed for the 1889–90 school year. The lights were powered by a dynamo located in the Mechanical Building. Gas lighting had been installed in 1875-76 and was discontinued in 1884.
Recent NewsMore News
- Juneteenth: Explore Our Newest National Holiday through UT Libraries Resources
- UT Libraries Celebrates Staff and Campus Partners During Annual Spirit Awards Ceremony
- If Your Digital Content Isn’t Accessible, You Could Be Leaving Behind Up to a Billion Users
- Announcing the Library Scholarship Winner, Onyx Bard
- Congrats to Spring 2023 Graduating Library Student Workers!
- De-Stress for Success During Finals
- Digital Collections: Look Back at Your Own UT College Days with Volunteer Yearbooks and Commencement Programs
- Library Faculty Take Campus Leadership Roles