Mechanical Building (Later, Reese Hall)

In 1888 the Mechanical Building replaced a small workshop to the west of the crest of the Hill where Hesler Biology Building presently stands. When the new Mechanical Building (Estabrook Hall) was built in 1898, the 1888 building was renamed Reese Hall, renovated as a dormitory, and rented to fraternities. In later years it was used as an armory, before being razed in 1938.

Citation Information

The following information is provided for citations.

  • Title Mechanical Building (Later, Reese Hall)
  • Author
  • Keywords Mechanical Building (Later, Reese Hall)
  • Website Name Volopedia
  • Publisher University of Tennessee Libraries
  • URL
  • Access Date April 21, 2024
  • Original Published Date
  • Date of Last Update October 9, 2018