Dairy Building

A two-story brick building completed in 1900 was fully equipped with milk and cream vats, separators, sterilizers, pasteurizers, bottling machines, churns, and butter workers. The building had a refrigerator and cheese room and was heated throughout by steam and lighted by electricity. This $15,000 building complemented the dairy barn that was built in 1899 to house the 30-cow dairy herd. In 1949 a companion building to McCord Hall was completed that had modern dairying equipment.

Citation Information

The following information is provided for citations.

  • Title Dairy Building
  • Author
  • Keywords Dairy Building
  • Website Name Volopedia
  • Publisher University of Tennessee Libraries
  • URL
  • Access Date October 25, 2021
  • Original Published Date
  • Date of Last Update March 7, 2019