Zebra Club

The Zebra Club was formed in Barbara Blount Hall in 1922, its membership to consist of the “horsiest” girls on the campus. The organization was transferred to Henson Hall in 1931 and was limited in membership to 22 female students. The only male member on record was UT President James D. Hoskins. The colors of the organization were black and white. While being initiated in the fall, its members wore one black and one white stocking and a Z on their foreheads.

Citation Information

The following information is provided for citations.

  • Title Zebra Club
  • Author
  • Keywords Zebra Club
  • Website Name Volopedia
  • Publisher University of Tennessee Libraries
  • URL
  • Access Date October 25, 2021
  • Original Published Date
  • Date of Last Update October 21, 2018