The movie A Walk in the Spring Rain was partially filmed on campus in spring 1969, with UT depicted as a New York college. The film, based on a novel by Rachel Maddux of Tennessee Ridge (Houston County), starred Ingrid Bergman, Fritz Weaver, and Anthony Quinn. Area residents were chosen for seven bit speaking parts and approximately three hundred extras. Lucy Minor, a UT senior English major, was chosen to play the bit speaking part of the “sexy mountain girl” and was additionally selected as Ingrid Bergman’s stand-in.
Recent NewsMore News
- Henry Luce Foundation Grant to Fund Programs Highlighting Beauford Delaney Papers
- Writing Blitz, March 29
- Do you know where your next meal is coming from?
- A Conversation with Appalachian Filmmakers
- Early Printed Bibles on View during Shakespeare Symposium
- Accessible to All — Resources to Learn More About Disabilities
- Financial Hardship and Food Insecurity on Campus: Panel Discussion, March 9
- Share Your UT Libraries Love Story!
Upcoming EventsMore Events
Barbara Dombrowski - “Tropic Ice” Exhibit, Screening and Lecture at Hodges LibraryMar. 28 at 4pmJohn C Hodges Library - 2nd floor, Main Gallery
Should we be alarmed? Chatbots, AI, and the HumanitiesMar. 28 at 7pm
Open Sandbox Workshop SeriesMar. 29 at 1pmJohn C Hodges Library - 253 - eXperience Point Lab