UT’s wakeboarding team placed first (570 points) in the 2011 Collegiate Wakeboard National Championships, part of CBS Networks Alt Games, in San Diego in May. The team defeated the 2010 defending national champion, Chico State, by 30 points. The University of Florida came in third, with 360 points. Dan Walden won first place honors for the men’s class. Each collegiate team is comprised of four male wakeboard riders, two female wakeboard riders, and one wakeskater. The UT team placed first in four of the six brackets in which they competed.
Recent NewsMore News
- Pendergrass Library Closed Beginning May 23
- Students and UT Libraries Award Faculty for Using Open Educational Resources
- Neurodiversity: Panel Discussion, May 5
- Digitization Project to Preserve Senate Recordings from the 1950s and ’60s
- UT Libraries and The Wall Street Journal Partner to Bring Sponsored Memberships to Campus
- For Your Reference: Final Episode of Second Season Airing April 21
- Lecture and Book Signing: Modern Appalachian Topography
- History and Academic Mentorship - For Your Reference streams March 17 at 7:00 p.m.