Student Park

In February 1949 Howard H. Baker Jr., president of the All Students’ Council, announced that a 10-acre tract, fronted by a high bluff overlooking the river from Cherokee Farm would become a park for the exclusive use of students. The College of Agriculture approved the use of the site for a park, and President C. E. Brehm agreed to allocate $1,500 for materials to be used by students to build the park. Fraternities and other campus groups signed up to work on construction of the park during weekends. Improvements included a fence; parking area; running water, piped in from the city water system; restrooms; electric lighting; and outdoor stoves.

Citation Information

The following information is provided for citations.

  • Title Student Park
  • Author
  • Keywords Student Park
  • Website Name Volopedia
  • Publisher University of Tennessee Libraries
  • URL
  • Access Date January 30, 2023
  • Original Published Date
  • Date of Last Update October 17, 2018