The board of trustees approved the purchase by the Knoxville campus of two buildings on University Avenue, including 1525, at its June 2013 meeting. The adjacent buildings, with less than three acres of parking, had been rented by their owner, Knoxville Community Development Corporation (KCDC), to the State of Tennessee. Completed in 2012, the site at 1525 University Avenue was developed by a team led by Realty Trust Group and included BDT Development and Management. The second floor of the two-story, 15,800-square-foot structure was shell space when purchased by UT. The building was renovated for use by the UT Foundation, which had been occupying space in the Andy Holt Tower, the Communications and Extension Building, and the Conference Center Building. The lot at 1525 University Avenue was the last lot acquired by KCDC in its HOPE VI redevelopment effort.
Recent NewsMore News
- Middle School and High School Students Will Display Their Data Artistry
- Henry Luce Foundation Grant to Fund Programs Highlighting Beauford Delaney Papers
- Writing Blitz, March 29
- Do you know where your next meal is coming from?
- A Conversation with Appalachian Filmmakers
- Early Printed Bibles on View during Shakespeare Symposium
- Accessible to All — Resources to Learn More About Disabilities
- Financial Hardship and Food Insecurity on Campus: Panel Discussion, March 9
Upcoming EventsMore Events
Barbara Dombrowski - “Tropic Ice” Exhibit, Screening and Lecture at Hodges LibraryApr. 1 at 4pmJohn C Hodges Library - 2nd floor, Main Gallery
Barbara Dombrowski - “Tropic Ice” Exhibit, Screening and Lecture at Hodges LibraryApr. 2 at 4pmJohn C Hodges Library - 2nd floor, Main Gallery
Barbara Dombrowski - “Tropic Ice” Exhibit, Screening and Lecture at Hodges LibraryApr. 3 at 4pmJohn C Hodges Library - 2nd floor, Main Gallery