In 1943 the building at 945 Temple Avenue (Temple Avenue is now Volunteer Boulevard) was converted into a women’s residence hall to assist in easing the scarcity of rooms for women because of the presence on campus of air force trainees, who were occupying Henson Hall (and other facilities). The residence hall was called Tennessee Terrace. The building, most recently the Phi Sigma Kappa fraternity house, was previously the Van DeVenter home. The facility had room for 20 women residents. A dining room, which served residents, other women students, faculty, and employees, accommodated 60 and served breakfast, lunch, and dinner.